Having one of the cutest dog breeds fills life with cute cuddles and lots of fun. If you are an avid pet lover and looking for the best breeds for your house, here is all you need. Picking the best pet requires us to be informative on lots of aspects. When it comes to having a pet, choices differ from person to person. Our list of the cutest dog breeds is as valuable and beautiful as a soft pup.
Our brief yet insightful information is to help you pick your best pet right as per your needs. The best thing is that there hundreds of cute dogs including setters, huskies, retrievers, pugs, and corgis. And you need to know everything about the pet from the paws to the ears. Check out our picks for the best family pups. We have elaborated them as per their grooming needs, temperament, and other characteristics.
Most Adorable and Healthy Dogs and Puppies to Have As Pet
Before you plan to welcome a pet in your house, know their personality and needs. The write-up below will help you to find a perfect friend for your kids and your family.
01. Golden Retriever
Golden Retrievers are one of the most popular and healthiest pups for obvious reasons.
- Gentle with kids
- Leveled temperament
- Least health problems
- Affectionate nature and intelligent
- Gets along well with other pets
- Even-tempered even with strangers
However, golden retrievers do not own great guard instincts and hence not good as watchdogs.
Pugs are the best pets for any environment and community set-up. Whether you are living in a country or a city, pugs are great dogs. They are good for the elderly as well as kids. You can keep them as your only pet or in a pack of multiple pets.
- Pug is an awesome indoor pet with high playfulness
- Can be an average or good watchdog as well
- Good pet for beginners
- Require very little training
- It is simple to train them for basic commands
- Pugs need moderate exercise like a brisk walk of a few minutes
They love sleeping and eating the way we do. Also, you can keep them happy with having a huge backyard.
Originally a hunter dog in Europe; Dachshund is but a popular family pet in North American homes.
- Smaller in height with long back
- Courageous personality
- They are strong watchdogs and loyal companions
- Dachshunds have characteristic white, grey, chocolate, red or black shades
- They are not good with long staircases and a lot of furniture due to their typical long back
- Training them can be a bit difficult but they are good with kids if treated well
Their grooming needs vary depending upon the type of their coat. However, you can manage to groom their coats without professional help. Brushing and combing for once in a day goes quite well with a variety with longer coats.
04. French Bulldog
The fourth most popular dog breeds in the US (AKC registered) are great companions for families. They are one of the friendliest pets with super cute looks and show mild temperament.
- Cute baby-faced lively and adorable pets
- The small size makes them great for smaller homes as well
- Loyal, playful, trainable, and intelligent dogs
- Well-behaved temperament perfect for kids and families
- Compact yet sturdy structure with a large head and well-shaped bat-like ears
- Minimal barking and low exercise needs
Their short and silky coats do not ask for intense grooming. The biggest drawback with the French bulldog is their health complications, especially in a hot and humid atmosphere. While most of them are pleasant; you can meet some stubborn personalities too.
05. Bichon Frise
Here is an ideal and unique pet for an apartment set-up. These sweet-looking happy and lovable dogs are intelligent and sometimes stubborn.
- The best advantage is their good health and non-shedding type
- Great for sensitive people due to their non-shedding characteristic
- All the mix breeds of Bichon Rise exhibit very unique appearances
- They are easily available and have a pleasant playful temperament
- These fluffy pets require a considerate amount of grooming
Despite all the personality traits, the quality of the dog food and treatment makes lots of difference. The appearance and health of the dogs or puppies are also connected to good nutrition and exercise.
A well-balanced exercise or trips, nutrition, and grooming are the best thing for your pet and thereby for your family. We recommend considering various aspects of every breed including appearance, size, and needs of the pet. Check out which one will be the best as per your needs and resources. This will surely make the things super simple for you and your dear pet. We would love to know your favorite breed among the cutest dog breeds.